Monday 16 December 2013

Daunting Decisions in December

Finally making the decision of which house to build is a huge weight off the shoulders. There are so many factors to consider when spending such an enormous amount of money!

 In the space of a week we signed the contract and paid the deposit for the land and then the house. I can't wait to throw away (recycling bin of course) all the brochures for the builders we considered. You would think the worst part of having those books around would be the countless hours you spending pouring through them and trying to imagine how the floor plans would look in real life and if they are functional. The worst part in fact is nearly slipping on all those glossy book, they are dangerous little suckers.

The story of how we chose Carlisle homes is interesting (at least i think so anyway). We had been looking around for a month spent several Saturdays walking through display homes and had been slowly narrowing down the houses we liked. We thought that going online and checking the reviews for the major builders was a great idea and found that all the major builders bar a few were rated around 2.2. We also noticed that Carlisle homes was rated 4.2! I had earlier put away their brochure saying they were too expensive but since they were rated so high figured I would take a look again. I found a really nice home the Manhattan 41 and headed straight down to Taylor's Hill to get a quote. The lady there was great she also point out that for a mere $4000 extra I could get the Sorrento 43. This was only so because I had added so much extra stone in my quote and the Sorrento had it as a standard.

The next day I headed down to point cook to take a look and from the moment I saw all the storage space and master bedroom I was sold. This was my dream home and no modifications necessary, 6 days later we were signing the contract! Turns out they aren't so expensive after all I had the other builders write up quotes and for a bigger house it was $30,000 cheaper! Who would have thought!

 The AMAZING master bedroom!

 Can't wait to have a en-suit the size of my current master no more sink sharing for me
 Love the open but still separate living spaces of the back of the house


 I wonder at what point the husband will work out I wont be sharing this dressing room!



No comments:

Post a Comment